Monday, July 11, 2011

I've got Spots!

Friday afternoon started like a lot of our Fridays with a Pizza night with Adam, Lindsay, Declan and Lexi.  Mike got home early this week so he picked up the girls and I met them there after work.  When I got there Lily wasn't quite herself she felt a little hot and had some red blotches on her face.  I wasn't initially worried because Lily has really sensitive skin so I thought it would just go away.  Wrong.  Saturday she woke up with spots all over her face and arms and a few spread out over the rest of her body and a temp of 103.7 so off to the Dr we went.  Luckily my Dr's have Saturday and Sunday office hours which I love. 
When we got in to see the Dr. she said "Hi I'm Lily I've got spots!"  The Dr immediately took a liking to her  - this kid knows how to win over a person..  He did a strep test because she had some white spots on her tonsils but that came up negative.  If you have never had a strep test let me tell you what they do.  They take a large Q-tip and stick it down your throat to get a sample.  Lily didn't make a peep.  She really didn't even seem sick except for the rash all over her.  The Dr. decided it was viral and he couldn't do anything for her.  They said it will just have to run it's course. 
Luckily Lily is much better today and the fever is gone.  See Lily below with her spots.


Here she is before our Dr. visit!



Later in the day the rash got worse before it got better!







1 comment:

  1. Poor Lily :( I hope she is doing better. I hate when you go tot he doctor and they don't give you anything to speed the process along. Love to the Abbotts!

    ReplyDelete